Longform.org and Web 2.0 Tool Integration

One of my favorite websites is Longform.org, a curation site for longform journalism. I love reading narrative non-fiction and Longform is a great resource for finding curated pieces that are judged to be the cream of the crop.

I've become even more appreciative of websites/apps integrating other Web 2.0 tools into their product and I was excited to see that not only can I easily add Longform articles into my Pocket app, but the Longform website has its own built-in option from which you can click a Read Later button and articles will save into your Pocket account.

Generally when surfing Longform, you click a headline of an article, which is linked to the source of where the article is housed. From there, I could easily add the article into my Pocket with the web extension, but it saves me a step to simply click the Pocket button on Longform's site.

I think it's incredibly smart for websites to integrate tools like this into their sites, as it helps make web surfing a uniform and efficient process. There's also an option to save articles into one's Instapaper account, which is a similar product to Pocket, though it also allows users to annotate, highlight, and make notes in saved material.

If you fancy it, Longform is also on Twitter and Facebook, so give them a follow if curated non-fiction is something you'd like a little more of in your feed.

Comments

  1. Yes! I love to hear about my long form friends. While I’m not too familiar with the website, I am constantly looking for examples of long form content presentation to show my colleague. I tell them all the time that it’s okay to make pages longer so that people might have to scroll. I’m so sick of hearing that all the content needs to fit on one page. I think content writers make it harder on themselves when they try to fit everything on one page. While I am all for chunking content I am not afraid to have people scroll. Lets get real, most people are using their phones to view content anyways. So, scrolling it is!

    I’ll have to check out the site! At glance, it looks like some interesting stories. Websites that try to put together content like this take some time for me feel completely comfortable using. It’s almost like a relationship. I want to get to know the person a bit and feel like I can trust them before I subscribe for their service. Great find thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snap Map Exploration

Back to Blogging!