The trials of hashtagging

I've spent the weekend wrapping up the produsage assignment and spent much of last week struggling with choosing a hashtag for my community of practice on Twitter.

First, I tried to choose one that we would 'own' and that hadn't been used before. I originally wanted to use #IPPA, but after searching that, learned that's that is a tag for something currently in the political spectrum (I got out of there fast).

Secondly, I had to consider length, as I don't want the tag taking up too much of the 140 character limit. So #IPProgramAssistants was out because it seems simply too long.

After much consideration, I wound up with #IPprogramassts. I still think it looks a little funny, but it gets the job done. I hadn't previously realized how much thought goes into tags! Social bookmarking is no joke!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longform.org and Web 2.0 Tool Integration

Snap Map Exploration

Confessions from a Former Twitter Addict